delivery and returns
- UK Delivery
- Free Click & Collect
- Parcels Delivery from £4.95
- Furniture Delivery from £60
- Delivery Access
- International Delivery
- UK Returns
- International Returns
- Legal Identity
- Select Click & Collect when you check out, Goods can then be collected from our Blackheath Store.
- We’ll contact you when your order is available at the store
- In Stock items: within 5 days of order date
- Items not held in stock: within 5 days of arrival at our warehouse (see product page for indicative lead times)
- When you are ready to collect it, bring your confirmation email to the store as proof of purchase. We’ll bring your order to the till or our loading bay for you to take away.
1.2 Parcel Delivery from £4.95 Our Parcel Delivery option is available for most of our home accessories, gifts, lighting and even some smaller items of furniture. We aim to process orders the same day, although at busy periods such as Christmas please allow a couple of days extra. We use a combination of courier and Royal Mail. Depending on the weight and size of item, delivery will be either Second Class or Next Day Delivery with Royal Mail or courier service with DPD. Royal Mail postage delivery costs are from £4.95 and DPD from £6.00. Please note, these costs only apply to the U.K. We do not add any extra charge for packing, and we recycle all the packaging we receive. Postal charges will be added to your bag after you have entered your delivery address, to ensure the correct price. If no one is available to accept the delivery at the delivery address, the driver should leave a card with information on arranging re-delivery or collection, but will attempt to deliver three times before returning the parcel to us.
1.3 Furniture Delivery Most furniture and large items are delivered by our two-man Furniture Delivery service. Furniture and other large items held in stock are typically delivered in 8-10 working days, if the delivery address is within the M25. Outside the M25, delivery may take 14-21 working days. If your ordered item is not held in stock, typical delivery timescales are indicated on the relevant product page and we will advise you of the expected delivery date by telephone and/or email. We deliver Monday to Saturday. We will advise you whether to expect delivery in the morning (7am-12noon) or afternoon (12noon-3pm) and the delivery driver will contact you on the day of delivery, approximately 2 hours before they expect to arrive. If you have agreed a particular delivery time, but are then out when our driver(s) arrive, we can rearrange delivery, but an additional delivery charge will apply, even if the original delivery was free of charge. Our UK Home Delivery team will deliver to the room of your choice, subject to accessibility (see our access requirements for more information), moving any existing furniture, remove all packaging - unless instructed otherwise - and, if necessary, assemble the item to allow you to inspect the item. If you are satisfied, you will be asked to sign our Proof of Delivery note, to accept the goods. If someone else is accepting delivery on your behalf, please ensure they are aware of the product details and your criteria for acceptance. On rare occasions, circumstances beyond our control can delay delivery. If this happens, we will keep you informed, but we cannot accept liability for any loss or inconvenience that may result from the delay. If the delivery address is changed after the order is placed, we will recalculate the delivery charge and either charge or refund you the difference. Please note, if your orders cannot be delivered due to access restrictions, you remain liable for 50% of the order value and the full delivery charge. We offer a full access check for £50
1.4 Delivery Access Please note, you are responsible for ensuring that items you order can be delivered to your property and room of choice, with safe and reasonable access from the public highway to the place of delivery. You are also obliged to provide any required parking permits in advance of delivery. The delivery charge does not include any costs resulting from the removal of fixtures, including windows and doorways, or specialist lifting equipment. If our delivery staff considers access unsafe, we will be unable to deliver your goods until safe access is provided. Please note, if your orders cannot be delivered due to access restrictions, you remain liable for 50% of the order value and the full delivery charge. If you have any concerns about access via restricted spaces, such as doorways, stairs, lifts or hallways, we strongly advise you to request an Access Inspection prior to purchase. At a cost of £50, our delivery staff will inspect the delivery address to confirm whether delivery will be possible. To request an Access Inspection, please call 0208 297 9439 between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. When requesting the appointment, you must inform us of any parking restrictions or vehicle access problems.
3. UK Returns We hope that you love your hortus purchases, however if not, you may return any delivered product you have purchased within 14 working days of delivery. excluding any Products that are made to order or Bespoke. Please return unwanted or incorrect items in perfect, resalable condition, including the original packaging for a full refund or exchange. You will be liable for the cost of returning the item. Please note that bespoke or personalised items, assembled flat-pack items, gift vouchers, perishable goods and beauty items, such as toiletries and cosmetics, can only be returned if they are damaged or faulty. To return items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org together with an explanation of the reason for the return a Exchange & Refund Form (on the reverse of your dispatch note), package your items carefully and send them to us at the following address: Hortus, Online Returns, 26 Blackheath Village London SE3 9SY We recommend you obtain a Proof of Postage Certificate from the Post Office or courier. If your items are too large to return by post, please contact us on +44 0208 297 9439 or e-mail us: email@example.com to arrange collection by a courier. You will be liable for the cost of collection. This does not affect cancellations or your statutory rights.
5. Legal identity Hortus is the trading name of Hortus blackheath Ltd. Registered in England and Wales, company number 04524625 The registered office is 26 Blackheath Village SE3 9SY please do not send returns to this address . Our returns address is: Online Returns, 26 Blackheath Village London Se3 9SY VAT registration number: 802153182